Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson Is a wonderful book, but the condition of my reading it was that I had to blog it, so here goes [nothing]: [above link] is a great book. You may think from reading my reviews that I give praise lightly, but its just that I'm hardly ever introduced to a terrible book. Wait until you see my next post.
Peter and The Star catchers is wonderful. I thought it was better than both Peter an movies and will always be, but I haven't seen the old one in a while and I might be wrong about that. It is about a boy [peter] who is going with his friends to work for evil king Zarboff the third [holds up 3 middle fingers], whose name you must speak with your 3 middle fingers held up, or else they are chopped off [and it is my opinion that they are fed to his pet snake].
He meets a wonderful girl, Molly, who warns him repeatedly to not bother with the mysterious treasure held in a large treasure chest in the cargo hold. The 'Never Land' is the ship in which they are riding, with Molly feasting [along with the freakish Ms. Bumbrake {HA ha ha}] and the boys eating a soup filled with all the nutricious
[but not exactly appetizing] things you need for the day: cockroaches, beetles [I know it's redundant!], worms, rats, and live mice!
I am sorry to say that I strongly disliked one of the almost main characters: Tubby Ted. He is greedy, inconsiderate, unkind, and just, well, intolerable. His only thoughts are food. I want to tear him limb from limb.
But I should get back to the story. I can't tell anymore of the plot, but I can say that it gets steadily better, and sappier. My favorite scene: the part where they reveal future hook's secret weapon, the ladies: a large brassier used as a sail. It is as big as the ship.
My rating: *****
my mom's rating: Press control+f and type in "peter and"
so long!

No comments: