Thursday, December 09, 2004

Part IV

The idea started when Gloria remarked at lunch around a mouthfull of bologna, "Ever wonder what would happpen if kids took over the school? You know, lock up the teachers and bar the doors. Wish we could do that." and continued on with her sandwich. "Oh yes!" I joked. "But we'd have to watch out for Mr. Pick. Why's he here, anyway?" Everyone shrugged. Mr. Kookie was ex-military, and patrolled the school, saying things like, "How are you doing today?", and "Where's your pass?". he was maybe 50 or 60, and had a crew-cut. Noone knew why he was there. But then I thought seriously. "Ok, lets say we did," I said, trying to keep the exitement from my voice. It could just be possible. It was not beyond the limit of the imagination. "What would we need to do? We'd need someone popular so the other kids would listen to us." But actually, I thought, that would be pretty easy. I have connections. "Well, we'd need missiles . . ." When you got Gloria started on domination, she could go on for hours. And it was plainly known, sincebefore christmas when they were talking about the valuable gifts that money can't buy, she had answered dreamily, "World domination," to a startled teacher and amused class [including a half laughing-half crying me]. "That would be a bad idea though." said Carlie. Carlie could be a bit hard to bear sometimes, but she was really pretty nice, and could be a big help in times of need [and homework].
on went lunch and by the end of it I had convinced her to side with us. and so time passed, and we had been meeting, plotting scheming. and the best part was,
I was in control.

No comments: